2 Days, 7 smart topics, 30+ speakers, and 300+ attendees
The AgLanta Conference is a dynamic urban agriculture conference, organized by Agritecture and hosted by the City of Atlanta’s Office of Resilience, to showcase urban and controlled environment agriculture (CEA) innovation, foster community engagement, and generate economic development.
Cities and companies around the world are recognizing the growing demand for local food coupled with an ever growing urban population. As a result, urban and controlled environment agriculture has emerged as a promising and viable solution. All forms of urban agriculture can work together to drive food access, economic development, as well as social, environmental, and health benefits.
Over the past few years, we have seen an increasing pattern of cities and conferences focusing on the "Smart City". These conversations tend to encompass everything from IoT to energy efficiency, but almost always leave agriculture out of the picture, which is why we’ve made this year’s theme, “Smart Ag for Smart Cities”.
The AgLanta Conference will feature workshops and panels covering a range of critical Smart City topics—each with a particular focus on the multiple roles Smart Agriculture will play in making cities more efficient, resilient, and sustainable.
Why should I attend?
The AgLanta Conference will facilitate critical connections and knowledge sharing between the most innovative minds throughout agriculture, smart cities, and urban development. Whether you are active in urban agriculture or interested in its growth, you will hear from today’s leading urban ag and CEA companies, gain valuable insights, and expand your network.
Who is the AgLanta Conference for?
City Officials and Policy Experts
- Learn about the latest advances in urban agriculture and how this industry fits into the Smart Cities paradigm
- Connect with other cities’ sustainability and food policy experts
- Gain exposure to fast-growing technology companies and urban farm operators looking to expand into new cities
- Learn about issues around the lack of understanding of urban and CEA farms as it pertains to zoning regulations and policy
Urban Planners, Developers, Architects
- Hear firsthand from municipalities about policy that will affect opportunities for agricultural development in cities
- Connect with city officials and find opportunities for urban development
- Connect with potential partners and discover how your organization can best incorporate urban agriculture into future urban development work
Technology Providers in AgTech
- Find key opportunities for your technology to advance smart agriculture within smart cities
- Learn about issues concerning investment, data and usage, and knowledge sharing
- Hear from investors about their experience in urban ag and what they are looking for in potential investments
- Exhibit your products and connect with potential buyers and partners
- Scope out the latest urban agriculture technology that can improve your operation
- Hear about important topics that could affect your operation, such as zoning, distribution, and food safety
- Increase exposure and differentiate your brand while connecting with potential investors and partners.
- Determine if Atlanta is a suitable location to expand or set up operations
- Learn about best practices and technologies in the industry
- Gain insights into different funding opportunities and business plan strategies
- Network with investors, consultants, and companies who can play a key role in helping you start your company
- Learn about the growing urban and controlled environment agriculture industry
- Determine if there is potential for your company to conduct R&D and develop products for smart agriculture
- Gain exposure and connect with CEA operators and AgTech companies who may benefit from using your technology or be seeking investment
- Network with leading urban agriculture companies and vertical farm operators
- Learn first-hand about innovative urban ag operations and business models
- Identify investment opportunities
- Explore how the latest technology can play a role in soil agriculture and improving your operation
- Network with investors to better understand funding opportunities
- Discover opportunities for collaboration by connecting with soil farmers and other potential stakeholders
Students / Teachers
- Learn about the latest in urban agriculture and cutting-edge technologies, as well as how to incorporate them into your curriculum
- Scope out job opportunities and connect with potential employers